Rates

Anything that doesn't fit in another category.
spotlightjr

Post by spotlightjr »

In Southwest Fla it ranges anywhere from about 125 to 250 on weeknights and up to 350 on weekends. The price is also falling fast here as well with pirated hard drives and vocopro speakers littering the market.
It is getting tough justifying packing up all your equipment and setting up and tearing down for 125 bucks. Not to mention updating your songlist and upgrading your sound sysyem.
I stick to my minimum price and will not budge from it. I feel I offer an exceptional show and wont back down from a venue owner complaining about tough times. I currently run 3 shows a week and also work a full-time day job.
I feel the kj's who settle for less and the dishonest dirt bags with pirated hard drives doing shows for beer tabs are what's bringing down the prices.

LarryKaraoke

Post by LarryKaraoke »

I have to add, $50 to $125 is for Club work with company equipment. For using my own stuff, I start at $200 and go up according to what I need. Karaoke for a wedding here runs $400 to $1200. depending on if dinner music is needed etc.
mwadeson

Post by mwadeson »

I just started going to the big city around here. In town i am getting 300 a night 400 for weddings up to 600 maybe depending on what is all needed. Weddings 60 miles away 1300 with nothing is not unusual and I have no following there they just hear about me through the establishment as i played there 3 years ago for a friends wedding. They can't get a kj/dj for under 1500 from that town. I think what it is in my town there is 7000 people 9 bars and 15 dj/kj''s. The big town is 200000 people ? bars and 45 dj/kj's Which most of i know personally and are all doing it right the ones in my town are not doing it legally I hate fly by night operations!!!!!!!!!!