Bar Switching TV Providers.

Anything that doesn't fit in another category.
Moonrider

Post by Moonrider »

Bigdog wrote: This installer had NO reason to disconnect the cable coax from the TVs when their system uses the yellow, red, white wiring.
You mean they hooked the DTV up using the composite inputs, completely disconnected the coax cable from the TV along with the custom wiring you'd done, and took all of the cables and switches away with them?

I could understand disconnecting the coax from the TV, but after that they should have left everything alone. Switches and cable cost money, and they should NOT have simply taken them away without asking.

. . . or did they ask and the owner okayed it not realizing the switches and cable were going to be needed for karaoke? . . . then "forgot" to mention it when you went ballistic about it not being there.

Last week, I went to Philadelphia, but it was closed.
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

He just disconnected all the coax from the TVs and I can't use my AB switch anymore. He left the wires dangling over the edge of the TV shelf. Just hanging there loose. AS if to say, see what I did. My stuff works how about yours. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :evil: :evil:

IGNORANT BASTAGE :twisted: :twisted: :x :x

My wires disappeared at another bar after the Cable guy was there.

I hate them all. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :x :x :evil: :evil:

If I was quitting that job I would cut every wire end off of their boxes. :twisted:
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

The owner was in tonight and we had a good talk about the TVs. He's buying 6-8 new TVs to add to the bar. He wants me to wire every one for karaoke. He even helped to get a few more working for karaoke tonight.

Then he and the wife stayed all night and like always got totally trashed. Both of them and at the end of the night like always he wants to sing. Had 35 singers tonight and I don't need him bugging me.

She didn't wnat to sing the song he picked for them so she repeatedly F BOMBED him in front of the entire bar. I love bar owners. good thing most of the crowd had left by then.
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

Last week the bar owner added 4 new TVs in the bar and he wants them all hooked up for karaoke. That's a good sign. He said he'll pay for the stuff.

Still haven't worked out how to get the old ones to have karaoke on them since the cable fiasco. Remote control trouble still.

I'll be there at 8 AM to set up my computer and start the wiring project. I need to see what's causing an interfernce problem on the TVs now. I just bought a new 100 foot coax wire to feed everything I'm hoping that fixes that problem.