Copyright laws??

Anything that doesn't fit in another category.
alleycat56

Post by alleycat56 »

I have a question please.
I paid for a JB-199 Premire from Ace Karaoke and it was loaded with songs as part of the deal and then cavs sells the 99 cent downloads
unlimited at that time all you can download for 140.00 year..that was a few years ago..
Well I desided to sell the unit with all the song that you may or may not know are registered in the unit and thus I sell it and ebay hold my money and tells me that I broke copyright laws
If the songs can only be played on that unit does that mean I was married to the unit and could never sell it without breaking the law?
anyone can you help me with this..
The Alleycat

Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

Probably yes. But you probably won't get caught.
alleycat56

Post by alleycat56 »

thank you
I just cannot figure out how Ace Karaoke can sell them loaded
and Cavs can sell you downloads and they have no problems
It seems one sided and that is what is strange
Thanks for the reply
alleycat56

Post by alleycat56 »

:mrgreen:
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

If you legally purchased all the songs, which would be the case if you got them from Ace or CAVS, then you should have receipts proving this. Do you have these receipts?
alleycat56

Post by alleycat56 »

yes
alleycat56

Post by alleycat56 »

Websites that are intresting about how pay pal will freeze your account for no reason other then to make money off your money be careful it will happen to you also if you sell high volume
Let's not turn this thread into a PayPal and eBay bashing party. There are no corporations of any size that don't have their share of haters.

You obviously sold something that was against eBay/PayPal policy even if you legally purchased the item(s) originally. If you provide PayPal with receipts that prove that you legally purchased EVERYTHING that you were selling then you might be able to settle this dispute.

wiseguy