It's Only For The SHOCK VALUE....

Anything that doesn't fit in another category.
Unlimited MP3+G Downloads
Sabrina59

Post by Sabrina59 »

:sorry:

Better? Still :heart: me?

Seriously ... if I went to far I am sorry. I was just trying to throw some water on the fire. Things seemed to be getting a little bit heated. Remember, we (women) try to fix things.

Lova ya all!

Sabrina the Cat
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

spotlightjr wrote:While Elvis, Deano, and Frank were classic singers there morality was definitely in question. From drug overdoses, alcoholism, womanizing, infidelity, mob ties, etc. they were not role models. Even some of there lyrics are questionable in nature and could be considered offensive.
Why not these guys then?

How does one decipher what is right and wrong when it comes to singing? It's easy to censor a song that contains many expletives and sexual content as inappropriate, but what about the milder songs?

Bigdog, would you allow someone to sing "baby got back" at your show? I gotta believe even in your town (which you wont disclose..weird) people request this song. Ever listen to the words to that song? Very suggestive and sexual in content. Degrading to women as well. "Lady is a tramp" is another one with negative connotation towards women.

To me, its hard to be judge and jury when it comes to music. What right do I have to tell people what they can and cant sing? Just because I provide entertainment for the evening venue doesnt mean you only get to sing the songs I like and think are appropriate.

It's simple. If I'm doing a birthday party for a little girl then I understand going in what my music content should be. On the same token, if I'm in a retirement community doing a st. patties day party I also have a pretty good idea of what my song content should be.

When I'm in Public at a local pub doing a gig you just never know what somebody is going to want to sing. They may want to sing Sinatra or maybe try some Nirvana. My job is to have a wide array of songs for them to choose from. I dont particularly like country music alot but I understand that most people do and thats why I have tons of that genre of music to choose from.
:deadhorse: Boy this feels good... :lol:

Do not confuse private lives (rumors) with how they conducted themsleves in public.

Mob rumors...Frankie wasn't booking numbers or killin people at his shows. Deano's heavy drinking was a gag persona.
Elvis died from an addiction....he didn't pop pills and shoot up in public at his shows.

Frank didn't sing gangsta rap. :lol:

Dean wasn't singing 99 bottles of beer on the wall. :lol:

Elvis wasn't singing I'm Addicted. :lol:

They didn't subject the crowd to any blatant F bombs all night. It was pure clean quality entertainment. Not a "shock" treatment.

If they would have seen it happen in the crowd they would have knocked somebody's block off. They were men's men.

Their shows were respectful. Even the Mafia has some ethics. :shock: More than most KJs. :lol:

The Lady & The Tramp was a show tune.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Lady_Is_a_Tramp

Please tell my why only white people sing Baby Got Back... :roll: It's in my book. :shock: But it's a subtle shock value novalty song. Not blatant. No F Bombs. It's a cleaverly crafted some what subliminally sex song. It's not graphically dissected down to every anatomical part and gesture with 3D color graphics.

But now ask yourself why do they like singing it? is it because it's funny? Is it because they are making fun of fat people? Is it making fun of Skinny people? Is it a parady on black mens stereotyped sexual preferences? Are they making fun of a sterotype of some black women build?

By the way...the phone number in the song....that's my real phone number.. :shock: :oops: :oops: 8)

Again I revert back to being a matter of RESPECT. That is how I draw my line. It's not too hard to figure when that line is crossed. If you think "F & MF" bombing women of all ages is OK.....and respectful.... :roll:

Is it helping the bar owner build a nice respectable crowd and business reputation? Is it helping the quality of your reputation. That's how you draw the line.
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

Sabrina59 wrote::sorry:

Seriously ... if I went to far I am sorry. I was just trying to throw some water on the fire. Things seemed to be getting a little bit heated. Remember, we (women) try to fix things.

Lova ya all!

Cleaver...very cleaver..... :bowto:

we like playing with fire and :deadhorse: :drunk: :sleep: :driving: :heart: :sing: :smoker: :boxing: :mad: :cheers: :rocker: :guns: and being :littleangel:

But we don't know if this is really you saying this..now do we???? :shock: :billyclub: You can't be trusted.... :roll:
Moonrider

Post by Moonrider »

wiseguy wrote:
Moonrider wrote: Kewl! Then I'm correct when I surmise that arguments of the reductio ad Hitlerum form are perfectly acceptable too?
Do you have something to add to the context of this thread or do you just like posting wikipedia links? Neither Hitler nor Nazis have been mentioned.
wiseguy wrote: I, KJ Führer, will be your host for this evening. . . . Sieg Heil!
Tsk, tsk. Selective amnesia too!? For shame. :yikes: :twisted:

Das vas der leggenpullen, Viseguy. Chust like der linkens!

In all seriousness, neither Bigdog nor you have offered anything but opinion, argumentum ad misericordiam and other appeals to emotion to back your respective points.

I pointed out Godwin's law to humorously point out that this thread had gone beyond "beating a dead horse," to the point of being blatantly absurd.

I submit that both you and Bigdog are far too emotionally involved in your respective positions to ever come to any agreement, or to concede the point to the other. In the meantime you two risk polarizing the entire forum with continued argument.

Nothing good will come of the two of you continuing to argue over this subject.

I'd suggest that the two of you make a gentleman's agreement to disagree on this subject, and to make this a topic the two of you studiously avoid in the future.
Last week, I went to Philadelphia, but it was closed.
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

Moonrider wrote:Tsk, tsk. Selective amnesia too!? For shame. :yikes: :twisted:
Adolf Hitler held the title of Führer but this title was around long before Hitler. George Washington held the title of General so does that mean every General is George Washington? The German expression "Sieg Heil" is older than Nazism as it is a salute to Lady Victory. To say that these words are referencing Hitler or Nazis is to leap to your own conclusion.
Moonrider wrote:Das vas der leggenpullen, Viseguy. Chust like der linkens!
Is this your attempt at Hogan's Heroes German? :)
Moonrider wrote:In all seriousness, neither Bigdog nor you have offered anything but opinion, argumentum ad misericordiam and other appeals to emotion to back your respective points.
Opinion is the only argument possible with this subject. There are no laws or statutes to cite. There are no standards of conduct to reference. Outside of hardware and software facts, everything else related to karaoke is opinion. Sharing and/or debating opinions is what you do in an open forum.
Moonrider wrote:Nothing good will come of the two of you continuing to argue over this subject.
On this I have to agree. I think I've made my point about as clear as it can be. This will be my final post here on the subject of this thread.
Moonrider wrote:I'd suggest that the two of you make a gentleman's agreement to disagree on this subject, and to make this a topic the two of you studiously avoid in the future.
I can guarantee that I will never bring this subject up again. I seriously doubt that Bigdog can do the same.
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

Lova ya all!
:evil: You have been found guilty of Forum Forgery which is a very serious offense. You are sentenced to be allowed to sing only those songs released before 1960 at you next karaoke outing. :)
Moonrider

Post by Moonrider »

wiseguy wrote:

Lova ya all!
:evil: You have been found guilty of Forum Forgery which is a very serious offense. You are sentenced to be allowed to sing only those songs released before 1960 at you next karaoke outing. :)
OOH! OOH! Have I got a LIST for HER!

1. Big Ten-Inch - Bull Moose Jackson
2. Cadillac Baby - Roy Brown
3. The Walkin' Blues - Fluffy Hunter
4. I Like My Baby's Pudding - Wynonie Harris
5. It Ain't The Meat - The Swallows
6. Work With Me Annie - Hank Ballard & The Midnighters
7. Sixty Minute Man - Billy Ward & The Dominoes
8. My Ding-A-Ling - Dave Bartholomew
9. Chocolate Pork Chop Man - Pete 'Guitar' Lewis
10. Silent George - Lucky Millinder
11. Saturday Night Daddy - Little Esther
12. Sittin' On It All The Time - Wynonie Harris
13. Sure Cure For The Blues - The Four Jacks
14. Shake 'Em Up Baby - Roy Brown
15. Rocket 69 - Todd Rhodes
16. Salty Dog - The Lamplighters
17. Smooth, Slow & Easy - The Drivers
18. Sexy Ways - Hank Ballard & The Midnighters
19. Keep On Churnin' - Wynonie Harris
20. Grandpa Can Boogie Too - Lil Greenwood

Second list:

1. Drill, Daddy, Drill / Dorothy Ellis
2. Bicycle Tillie / The Swallows
3. I Want My Fanny Brown / Wynonie Harris
4. Can't Do Sixty No More / Billy Ward & The Dominoes
5. I Want a Bowlegged Woman / Bullmoose Jackson
6. Butcher Pete Pt. 1 / Roy Brown
7. Annie Had a Baby / Hank Ballard & The Midnighters
8. Ring-A-Ding Doo / Little Esther
9. Your Daddy's Doggin' Around / Todd Rhodes
10. Wasn't That Good / Wynonie Harris
11. My Natch'l Man / Fluffy Hunter
12. Leave My Kitten Alone / Little Willie John
13. The Last of the Good Rocking Men / The Four Jacks
14. Triflin' Woman / Wynonie Harris
15. Jelly Roll Baker / Lonnie Johnson
16. Roll, Roll, Pretty Baby / The Swallows
17. Rockin' at Midnight / Roy Brown
18. I Knew He Would / The Sharps & Flats
19. Lovin' Machine / Wynonie Harris
20. The Coffee Grind / Hank Ballard
21. Turn the Lamps Down Low / Little Esther & Little Willie Littlefield
22. Mountain Oysters / Eddie Davis
23. You Can't Keep a Good Man Down / Billy Ward & The Dominoes
24. Shake That Thing / Wynonie Harris
25. You Didn't Learn It at Home / The "5" Royales
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

Moonrider wrote:
wiseguy wrote:

Lova ya all!
OOH! OOH! Have I got a LIST for HER!

1. Big Ten-Inch - Bull Moose Jackson
2. Cadillac Baby - Roy Brown
3. The Walkin' Blues - Fluffy Hunter
4. I Like My Baby's Pudding - Wynonie Harris
5. It Ain't The Meat - The Swallows
6. Work With Me Annie - Hank Ballard & The Midnighters
7. Sixty Minute Man - Billy Ward & The Dominoes
8. My Ding-A-Ling - Dave Bartholomew
9. Chocolate Pork Chop Man - Pete 'Guitar' Lewis
10. Silent George - Lucky Millinder
11. Saturday Night Daddy - Little Esther
12. Sittin' On It All The Time - Wynonie Harris
13. Sure Cure For The Blues - The Four Jacks
14. Shake 'Em Up Baby - Roy Brown
15. Rocket 69 - Todd Rhodes
16. Salty Dog - The Lamplighters
17. Smooth, Slow & Easy - The Drivers
18. Sexy Ways - Hank Ballard & The Midnighters
19. Keep On Churnin' - Wynonie Harris
20. Grandpa Can Boogie Too - Lil Greenwood

Second list:

1. Drill, Daddy, Drill / Dorothy Ellis
2. Bicycle Tillie / The Swallows
3. I Want My Fanny Brown / Wynonie Harris
4. Can't Do Sixty No More / Billy Ward & The Dominoes
5. I Want a Bowlegged Woman / Bullmoose Jackson
6. Butcher Pete Pt. 1 / Roy Brown
7. Annie Had a Baby / Hank Ballard & The Midnighters
8. Ring-A-Ding Doo / Little Esther
9. Your Daddy's Doggin' Around / Todd Rhodes
10. Wasn't That Good / Wynonie Harris
11. My Natch'l Man / Fluffy Hunter
12. Leave My Kitten Alone / Little Willie John
13. The Last of the Good Rocking Men / The Four Jacks
14. Triflin' Woman / Wynonie Harris
15. Jelly Roll Baker / Lonnie Johnson
16. Roll, Roll, Pretty Baby / The Swallows
17. Rockin' at Midnight / Roy Brown
18. I Knew He Would / The Sharps & Flats
19. Lovin' Machine / Wynonie Harris
20. The Coffee Grind / Hank Ballard
21. Turn the Lamps Down Low / Little Esther & Little Willie Littlefield
22. Mountain Oysters / Eddie Davis
23. You Can't Keep a Good Man Down / Billy Ward & The Dominoes
24. Shake That Thing / Wynonie Harris
25. You Didn't Learn It at Home / The "5" Royales

:deadhorse: Could you/would you be able to base your business on these type of songs only?

Still to be answered is the matter of respect.

Do you think it shows respect to be swearing in front of all the women present at your show?

Editing is a non issue. It's the result of respect. If one doesn't care or doesn't believe there is or is not a lack of respect being employed...

Where is the RESPECT?
Moonrider

Post by Moonrider »

Bigdog wrote:

:deadhorse:
Nothing good will come of continuing to argue over this subject.
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

Still unanswered.... :roll:

Where is the respect?

Everyone is avoiding this question like the plague.

Hitler would have had it answered... :billyclub:

:sorry: The lack of an answer.......answers the question. :surrender:

Bigdog 1... :rocker: topic participants nothing.....
    Sabrina59

Post by Sabrina59 »

wiseguy wrote:

Lova ya all!
    Sounds to me like I got off pretty easy! :lol: I actually know quite a few songs from the 50's.
    Sabrina the Cat
    Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

http://news.yahoo.com/s/livescience/200 ... etolerable

Read the entire article and the part near the bottom about "aggression."

You think I'm nuts, but science is going to prove me right. :shock:
    wiseguy
    Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

Did anyone else hear that noise? Sounds kind of like a broken record. This thread seems to be having technical difficulties so I'm going to go ahead and lock it.