Best Dual Wireless Microphones

Your comments, questions, or opinions on any karaoke related hardware.
prefab63

Best Dual Wireless Microphones

Post by prefab63 »

Looking to go wireless. Any ideas? I want a dual system, VHF seems to be unreliable where I am so thinking UHF. I've seen UHF systems on Ebay for as little as $70 to $1000. My concern is of course, people dropping them etc. so I want to keep the costs low for replacement reasons but still have something which is usable. Any thoughts?

wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

The Nady UHF3 provides the best quality to price ratio of any wireless mic I know of. They also have a very reasonable replacement policy if your mic becomes damaged. It's a single mic system, which I personally prefer, because if something happens to the receiver of a dual system you will lose two mics at once.
How to Build a Home Karaoke System
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

Hisonic which is sold through ebay is a very good find. I had a set that was stolen that I felt blew away in quality an old sm58 I use to own. Iuse to have issues with pops and interfernce with the sm58. The pair of vhf hisonics was clear and that was with the hand held unit in another room. They make uhf as well that I would assume woulf be even better. I just replaced my pair that was stolen.
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

DanG2006,

What model of the Hisonic mics are you referring to?
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

model 910 which looks like the sm58. what is cool is that it has separate connections from the receiver to the mixer allowing you to treat the mikes as separate mikes. On the UHF model of which I can't remember the model number has twin xlr outputs for settting it up as separate controls and one 1/4 for mixed so you can run multiple units.
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

model 910 which looks like the sm58
That is the cheapest wireless mic made by Hisonic, or anyone else for that matter. Are you saying that these sound better than the Shure mics?
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

wiseguy wrote:
model 910 which looks like the sm58
That is the cheapest wireless mic made by Hisonic, or anyone else for that matter. Are you saying that these sound better than the Shure mics?
I have several people who have heard it in action tell me they'd rather use the hisonic 910. Personally I feel the same way.
Granted I stand on the side that just because it costs more does not make it the best out there. I feel the same way about the software I use to run my shows.
And you know what if these are their cheapest mikes than I am willing to bet that the UHF made by them are well worth the money.
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

I have several people who have heard it in action tell me they'd rather use the hisonic 910. Personally I feel the same way.
Granted I stand on the side that just because it costs more does not make it the best out there.
Having never tried the Hisonic 910's I certainly cannot comment on their quality. At that price I think I'll have to order them just to see for myself. I don't consider the Shure mics to be the best out there. In fact, I believe that the much less expensive Nady mics sound better.
And you know what if these are their cheapest mikes than I am willing to bet that the UHF made by them are well worth the money.
UHF mics do not produce any better sound quality than the VHF type. The only time that they are beneficial is if you are in a high VHF traffic area and receive interference.
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

wiseguy wrote:
Granted I stand on the side that just because it costs more does not make it the best out there.
Having never tried the Hisonic 910's I certainly cannot comment on their quality. At that price I think I'll have to order them just to see for myself. I don't consider the Shure mics to be the best out there. In fact, I believe that the much less expensive Nady mics sound better.
UHF mics do not produce any better sound quality than the VHF type. The only time that they are beneficial is if you are in a high VHF traffic area and receive interference.
Just got my new set and while I haven't set it up I have noticed a differance in the look of the mikes. They actually look cooler but have lost the sm58 look and a switch I lioked as it kept the singer from turning offf the mike at the handset.
auditboy

Wireless Microphones

Post by auditboy »

How can you tell if you are in a high VHF traffic area? I'm looking to buy some wireless microphones and my wife reminded me of the Karaoke Tutor. It's been a while

Roughly what is the price range for a hisonic? I check out the Nady....very affordable.

Should you get two micorphones or one wired and one wireless should be fine. Thanks again thanks for taking time..
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

A high VHF traffic area is a place where there is a lot of 2-way radio usage or others using VHF devices in the same or adjacent building(s). In 15 years I have had only one interference problem with VHF mics. That was when another karaoke company was performing in a building right next to the one I was in. We were picking up each others mics.

Hisonic mics price range from about $80.00 up to about $300.00.

I like to have two wireless mics, because duets are very popular, and also a couple wired ones for groups.
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

wiseguy wrote:A high VHF traffic area is a place where there is a lot of 2-way radio usage or others using VHF devices in the same or adjacent building(s). In 15 years I have had only one interference problem with VHF mics. That was when another karaoke company was performing in a building right next to the one I was in. We were picking up each others mics.

Hisonic mics price range from about $80.00 up to about $300.00.

I like to have two wireless mics, because duets are very popular, and also a couple wired ones for groups.
I used to run a single wireless mike and a single wired. When I had a duet, I always gave the wireless to the lady and stck the guy with the leash (wired mike). LOL. Now I am running two wireless so I can't pull the leash trick anymore unless i hook a wired up to the third mic input on my mixer.
Question will the new walkee talkee wireless phones that sprint and nextell have interfere with mikes. I know that certain floresent lights will affect it. Had to turn off a set where I was set up at one location.
auditboy

Post by auditboy »

Thanks again Dan and Wise for your useful information
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

Question will the new walkee talkee wireless phones that sprint and nextell have interfere with mikes. I know that certain floresent lights will affect it. Had to turn off a set where I was set up at one location.
The walkie talkie phones operate on the GSM frequency and really shouldn't have any affect on wireless mics. Fluorescent lighting (especially when located in low ceilings), as well as electric motors and anything else that produces a magnetic field, can affect the performance of wireless mics.
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

If you spend the money to get programable microphones with frequencies then you will not have a problem. Just keep changing the frequencies till you find one the doesn't get interferred with.

I use microphones with two channel receivers. No chance for dead spots as with a single channel receiver.

One mike, two antenna receiver.