St. Patricks Day Shows???

Anything that doesn't fit in another category.
Unlimited MP3+G Downloads
letitrip

St. Patricks Day Shows???

Post by letitrip »

How many of you have a gig scheduled for St. Patricks Day? Are you doing anything different? I know a local bar in town here used to do Karaoke for multiple shifts throughout the day on St. Patty's Day. I've got a show that night (my regular Tuesday Night show) but I gotta talk to the bar manager tonight to find out if anything is going to be different about my show. Just curious what others are doing.

Let It Rip Karaoke
DJ Tony
http://www.letitripkaraoke.com
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

Nope none of my nights fall on that date.
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

Since it's amateur drunk night I would rather stay home, but I just started a new karaoke show on Tuesdays so I'll be playing. Nothing different just more caution about drunks and microphones.

I don't want to encourage any stupidity. There will be enough to go around. Stupid holiday. Just gives everyone an excuse to get drunk and act nuts.
mwadeson

Post by mwadeson »

I play a bar a few years ago that they do this st pattys day run where you go to all the bars and it of course ended at this one. When they asked me if i would do it i said yes. It wasn't all bad but i had to provide my own security for my equipment thank you to all my friend and regulars that had come out to enjoy karaoke and sorry you didn't get any. We just took the tv and put it away if they knew the song they could sing but i had caught my tv twice in the first hour so i didn't leave it up. When all was said and done i told the owner i needed an extra 200 dollars for the security me and my people had provided for myself and the bar.
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

The big parade today downtown and all the other bars doing St Patty stuff today killed my night. Last week 37 singers...this week 5 most of the night. :cry:

I did have a few nut cases too. Party animals. Glad they didn't stay all night.
spotlightjr

Post by spotlightjr »

We did a private party outside by the pool and of course it rained. Just enough rain to make a problem. We had to cover our equipment and pull the speakers, etc under the covered area. Still had a great time though. We got people dancing and singing and before you know it the rain stopped. It was really cool to see most everyone dressed up in some sort of green attire. We gave out green hats (cheap cheap) to most everyone and green beads to match.

The most unusual thing of the night was their was no corned beef and cabbage. Fried chicken and potato salad from the local fast food joint. I did see some pastrami and bread to make sandwiches but it seemed weird to have no corned beef on St Patty's day.