Replacing a bad KJ.

Anything that doesn't fit in another category.
Bigdog

Replacing a bad KJ.

Post by Bigdog »

I am looking to replace my Saturday smoking job. I'm almost certain the Friday guy will take me. They have someone now and from everybody there...he sucks. He DJs and slides in karaoke. It's supposed to be a DJ night but these KJ/DJs always start adding karaoke because they aren't really DJs. Just DJ wannabes that do crap karaoke.

He has a set of home made discs that have his DJ set music on them. This is lazy mans DJing. Record some discs to play while you screw off and pretend you're a DJ. Everyone hears the same songs in a row every night. They can tell you what's coming next. GET A CLUE...THIS IS NOT DJING. It's a live jukebox without any variety. OHHH he breaks it up with some karaoke...LOL

No wonder they are going to replace him. I'll take his night and get paid more than him. His Thursday night there sucks too. I could probably take that, if I wanted it. I can tell the Thursday is bad because the posters in the mens room advertize all the prizes and giveaways. That is the biggest red flag of all. When they have to start giving away money and prizes to get a crowd...YOU SUCK.

If they won't come in for the karaoke maybe they will come for money. :lol: If you give it away..they will come. Pay me to sit here and be tortured.. :roll:

Another complaint from the management about him. If he can't come he sends someone that doesn't know how to run the equipment. That's so professional. Can you teach me that??? It's the reason he has so many nights open...and available. Nobody else wants him.

These are all good business killing ideas. I love my competition to death...their own (karaoke business death that is.) Sooner than later.

mwadeson

Post by mwadeson »

reading all of your post bigdog you need to find a new job get out of the bars get out of the business maybe just stay home
How to Build a Home Karaoke System
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

I'm perfectly happy with being a KJ, it's just that I hate all the undercutting know-nothing Hacks that keep all of the other quality KJs pay scale lower than it should be.
LarryKaraoke

Post by LarryKaraoke »

My family has been in the entertainment business since the 1800s. and sorry to tell you, but that's the nature of the entertainment business. Get use to it, get over it, get on with it.