Let's Rock This Place!!!!

Anything that doesn't fit in another category.
Bigdog

Let's Rock This Place!!!!

Post by Bigdog »

A semi regular at a few bars came up tonight and said, "The are too many slow songs, let's rock this place out, put me in for Billy Joel..."We Didn't Start The Fire." :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Now maybe I'm missing something but to me that song is about the last song I would pick to "ROCK THE HOUSE"...... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Maybe because he can sing it without the TV makes it a "Rockier Number."

:?

wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

I know the first artist that comes to mind when I think of Rock 'N Roll is Billy Joel. :roll: Maybe he could follow up with some Pat Boone.
How to Build a Home Karaoke System
letitrip

Post by letitrip »

Ugh, and I suppose to complete the picture he probably told you to crank it up too right? I get that every so often too, the person who wants to get the party started and picks about the worst possible song to do it. Then when it's not working, they always seem to think that more volume is the answer.
Let It Rip Karaoke
DJ Tony
http://www.letitripkaraoke.com
RockinBruce

Post by RockinBruce »

In my experience, if you want to "rock this place," Billy Joel is not the solution 8)

Here are a few that do the job (in no particular order):

1. You Give Love A Bad Name (Bon Jovi)

2. Pour Some Sugar On Me (Def Leppard)

3. You Shook Me All Night Long (AC/DC)

4. Old Time Rock 'N' Roll (Bob Seger)

5. Bad To The Bone (George Thorogood)

Just my humble opinion :D
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

No it can only be "We didn't start the fire" and don't look at the screen. 8)

He told me he brought the song out of retirement. :roll: :lol: He sang it so much he got sick of it.

He only sings it at the very end of the night. Like he is going to save the day from 3 hours and 45 minutes of shear bordom.

Thank God he came....I probably would have been fired for being so boring. :shock:

Oh ...I forgot...I have been playing this bar 14 years... :lol: :lol:
Marlena

Post by Marlena »

yeah really some people just don't get it.. I hear it all the time coming out of a round where i have just played....atfer midnight...

1) pon de replay
2) sun glasses at night
3) Rockstar
4) crazy B*itch

than some chick comes up and says that something just has to be done.. infuse some rocking country...

and they bring up 1 of 2 terrible songs.. The rose or I will always love you :P

kills my next 30 minutes trying to rebuild the mood lol ....

which brings up a completely different topic... and a new thread...
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

If these people are the salvation of the worlds boredom, how come they aren't rich and famous? Why do I have to get them.

They will be the first to bytch about everything. Go spend $50,000 and save us all.

First of all remember...I am not in control of 99.99% of the music being played. These people in attendance are picking the songs they want to sing and like. They are here because they are getting enjoyment from the songs they sing. As is every karaoke singer.

You are going to save the boring night with a song "you" want to sing. In your mind you think everyone else will bow down to you for Rocking the place. It's only one song. What about the rest on them? Why do you think the crowd is here week after week. Just to hear you ROCK THE HOUSE???? :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Do us a favor...stay home.
michaeljvaughn

Post by michaeljvaughn »

That's why I love to arrive at a night with nothing but 60-year-olds singing Neil Diamond and whip some Foo Fighters on them. You'd be surprised - some of them actually like it!
See/hear the serial version of Michael's karaoke novel, "Outro," at http://www.outronovel.blogspot.com
stevesdjservice

Post by stevesdjservice »

I did Bawitdaba at a local Moose lodge once. Those country lovin 60 somethings looked at me when I was done like I was crazy! Now that is a song that rocks the house!
Steve's DJ/Karaoke Service
"Music Is The Soundtrack Of Our Lives"
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

I got a bunch of 60 year old veterans that go crazy(good kind) when I sing Some Gave All by Billy Ray Cyrus. Must be because it is about a vet.
stevesdjservice

Post by stevesdjservice »

Patriotic songs always work for me! Especially after 9/11.
Steve's DJ/Karaoke Service
"Music Is The Soundtrack Of Our Lives"